This week, we use Will Ferrell's groundbreaking satire Talladega Nights as a vehicle to delve deep into motorsport culture and how sponsorships work. The film depicts the brutal collision of two sides of the motorsport world through the personification of NASCAR and Formula One. The two main characters Ricky Bobby (Will Ferrell) and Jean Girard (Sacha Baron Cohen) deftly bring this juxtaposition to life to show us that no matter the (many, many) differences, the two worlds have more in common than meets the eye. Namely, everyone wants to go fast!
- Digital roundup
- Formula 1 rescheduled (again). Australia GP cancelled.
- Yuki Tsunoda lives and breathes food.
- George Russell to Mercedes? George's social media presence leaves some clues.
- Talladega Nights
- Meet the characters
- Movie recap
- Favorite scenes
- F1 sponsorship
- NASCAR vs Formula One sponsorships
- FIA history of sponsorships in F1
- F1 sponsorships today
- New version of episode 1 (take a listen)
- Pre-Britain GP episode next week!